You'll probably notice my blog template change. A lot. Like now, for instance. That's because I have customization attention deficit disorder, meaning that I won't stay happy with one for long. Mainly because I DO NOT like the layouts provided here, and I've been scouring all over the internet to find one I'll be satisfied with, and that's just not working.
So yeah. My first blog was over at LiveJournal, and then my second one was at Vox. So far, Vox's layouts kick arse. In fact, I'd probably be using that blog if I had more friends. But there I only had one, whereas here I already have two. So this be the winner. Seriously though, I'll probably be scouring the web for weeks looking for some way to personalize this thing. I can't stand its current boringness.
So before work today I did some stock photos. You know, those photos I was talking about a couple entries back that people take and make art with? Yeah. That. The problem is, my camera malfunctioned three or four times. The shutter curtain got stuck in between open and closed, and I had to open it up and manually move it to one position or the other (whichever one would stick) and then try to take a picture, which would get it back to normal. It was just a little scary, because I thought it was broken when I got the "-Err-" message on the display. If I hadn't been so desperate for it to not break, I wouldn't have dared go in to try and figure out how to fix it myself. I guess I was just in a frenzy to not break anything else.
I told Dennis today that if I could go a week without breaking something relating to my camera, I would be a happy person. Rewind the past couple of weeks, I've broken my telephoto lens, my dad's telephoto lens, my tripod, and now my camera shutter is sticking. Egh.
Work today was... well, work. Things kind of got uncomfortable when our driver arrived for her pick up. It started out with my boss telling us that Dennis, the other employee, is a blackbelt. According to him, he did karate for like, twelve years, taught it for four (to "Little Ninjas". LOL!). Go figure. Our driver (Maria) made a good point, though. He's a calm guy, doesn't really get angry or frustrated, and is always pleasant to be around. Maybe that's some martial arts training in there somewhere. They do mental conditioning too, don't they?
Anyway, some personal stuff came out about one of the other (former) employees. I won't write it here, because it's probably not something that he'd want on public display, but my boss didn't know about it and it kind of upset her. Maria just thought it was hilarious. Then she started accusing me and Dennis of getting together in the future (*shiftyeyes*), and told my boss she'd have to fire one of us. Thanks, Maria.
Nah. Just kidding. Maria's really an awesome person, all of us consider her our favorite driver, and she likes coming to our store to hang out with us the most. I just felt like she was treating some of the stuff going on today a bit lightly, and I felt bad for our boss for having to find out that way.
Package of the Day: Ehm. I think I had something better, but I forgot what it was. For now, we'll go with some tea that was being returned to the tea company. XD We get a lot of returns, but tea is definitely one of the wierder ones.
I've decided to call Dennis Sunshine Megatron when I remember. You see, this guy my sister was dating a while back once met a man named Sunshine Megatron. Naturally, he had to ask about the name. As it turned out, the name was the result of a very, very bad bet. I told that story to Dennis, and he thought it was awesome. He said he wanted that name. So now I'm calling him Sunshine.
After work I went to the grocery store, which was a little awkward. First of all, I usually go with my mom, but she's out of town, so I had to go alone. Second of all, I was still in my UPS uniform, so I probably looked a little wierd. It's not an ugly or strange uniform, it's just... a uniform.
I ramble when I don't have anything interesting to talk about. I'm sorry.... oh well.
EDIT: I've discovered a few ways of somewhat customizing my blog. I am satisfied. For now...
Friday, September 26, 2008
Work and Customization ADD
Posted by Nova-FoV at 7:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh. And I love the purple layout.
I like the purple too. It's nice. :)
Oh, I hate going to to the grocery store alone, too. It's so awkward. It wouldn't seem so when you think about it, but then you get there and it's like... "Um... groceries... yeah..."
Anyway.
Post a Comment